You’ve seen these signs throughout Charlotte, on every major business storefront, and sometimes even inside a property. Channel letter signs have become ubiquitous, and quickly because they work. These signs are very eye-catching because they have maximum contrast between your brand name and the background. There’s no need to light the background with these signs, so only the letters stand out. It helps that this design makes the signs more energy-efficient, too (especially considering they are LEDs).
Here’s what you need to know about channel letter signs to get the most exposure for your business.
Types of Channel Letter Signs
Which type of channel letter sign will give your business the most exposure? Explore the types below:
- Front-lit channel letter signs: This is the most common kind of channel letter sign in Charlotte. They are plastic and metal letters that illuminate from the inside, so they shine out the front. We place colorful acrylic sheets on the front, so the sign shines in any color you like.
- Reverse channel letters: Instead of being lit from the inside, reverse channel letters are lit from the back. The letters are dark, and the background is bright, making the silhouette of the letters very dramatic, especially at night. These signs are also called “halo” signs because of the special light effect they make.
- Combination channel letters: This is a more complex sign, but it can do wonders for the right brand. It combines the lighting effect of both front-lit and halo channel letters.
Is a Channel Letter Sign Right for My Brand?
Ultimately, you’ll want to talk to a sign expert about whether a channel letter sign is your best option. However, there are a few questions you can ask yourself to understand if they are a good option for you:
- Do I need a lit sign of my brand name or message?
- Does my brand have distinct font and color?
- Do I need a fascia-mounted sign or another large sign?
- Do I like the effect of LED lights?
Partner with QC Signs & Graphics For Your Biggest Signs
Channel letter signs are powerful investments that help your brand get exposure at any time of the day or night. As they are large, permanent signs, you want to know that your sign company will get it right the first time. That’s why you should work with QC Signs & Graphics, the best sign company in Charlotte, NC. Reach out today.