Many of our customers ask what their full car wrap cost will be. They ask us to estimate the life of a vehicle wrap and the cost of maintaining it so that they can calculate the total return on investment for it. We can give you an estimate, and you’ll be relieved to hear that keeping a full vehicle wrap in good condition isn’t costly at all. With a little bit of care, your car wrap will last many years. Here are a few maintenance tips:
1. Hand Wash with Care
It is best to hand wash any vehicle with a wrap, whether full or partial. Start with a bucket of warm water and put in some soap. Don’t use soap directly on the wrap, instead develop its suds in the bucket. Use a very soft sponge or scrubber and don’t apply more force than necessary when using it. Then rinse the full car vinyl wrap with water from your hose, not a pressure washer.
2. Use the Right Soap
Buy vehicle soaps that are specifically designed to be used with vinyl car wraps. Buying the right soap may add a bit to your full car wrap cost, but it’s worth it. You’ll get the best cleanout of these soaps, while others might struggle to remove caked-on mud from the vinyl. If your car wrap is going to represent your brand, it should look its best. Besides, the right soap will work faster and won’t leave behind a residue that slowly degrades the wrap.
3. Don’t Use These Tools on Your Full Vehicle Wrap
While vinyl car wraps stand up to rain, wind, and sunshine well, they don’t do as well with these tools:
- Electric buff: Some vehicle wraps can be waxed to give them a shine. However, you should not use an electric buff to apply the wax. These generate too much friction and heat and can harm the wrap.
- Pressure washer: Pressure washers of even moderate strength can rip the vinyl off your car. Besides, a pressure washer will not give you a better clean than hand-washing your vehicle wrap.
- Ice scraper: If you get a bit of frost on your car, don’t pull out your ice scraper. You can easily leave scratches in the vinyl.
- Hard brushes: When you’re cleaning the full vehicle wrap do not use hard or stiff-bristle brushes as they can also make scratches in the vinyl.
Choose QC Signs & Graphics for Your Car Wrap
Get your next full car vinyl wrap from QC Signs & Graphics in Charlotte, NC. We can show you the best way to keep your vehicle wrap in healthy conditions, protect your investment, and minimize the cost of maintaining the full car wrap minimal. Contact us today.